HATCH is a pitch competition for startups with revolutionary ideas. Fifteen finalists will be selected to present their business plans to a panel of corporate, angel, and venture investor judges in front of a well-connected audience at the SXSW 2012 Startup Village on March 11th, 2012 in Austin, TX.
If your early-stage tech startup has interesting or disruptive product and strong growth potential, HATCH is for you. Register with HATCH and submit your application today.
- Pitch at SXSW – Finalists will have 4 minutes to pitch their revolutionary startup to a panel of experts and an influential audience. They will also field probing questions from judges on their product, market, business model, and more.
- Coaching – An experienced coach will provide one-on-one mentoring to selected participants prior to SXSW, assisting finalists in preparing for the competition.
- Education – Each finalist will receive access to online education to assist them in hatching their business plans and ensuring the best possible presentation at SXSW.
Key Dates and Milestones
- February 6 – Applications Due
- Mid February – Finalists Selected
- Mid February – One-on-one coaching and educational webinars begin
- March 11 – Pitch competition at SXSW in Austin, TX
Reasons To Apply
- Focused exposure to investors and industry leaders as part of the judging & coaching process.
- Exposure to the tech savvy SXSW audience at an official SXSW event.
- Photo and interview opportunities with the attending press.
- Outstanding prizes.
In order to compete in HATCH, finalists must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A company’s product / service must have launched no earlier than March, 13, 2011.
- A company’s product / service must not be launched after June 13, 2012.
- Companies will be allowed to submit only one product / service to HATCH. Companies who submit more than one product / service will not be eligible to participate.
- Founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate.
- Must not have raised over five million in funds from combined funding sources.
- The presenter must actively participate in the educational and coaching components of HATCH.
- The presenter must have a SXSW Interactive, Gold, or Platinum badge and be in attendance at check-in time on March 11, 2012 at the event venue in Austin, TX.