Calling all entrepreneurs! Sikorsky Innovation, the development company behind Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation has created its first Entrepreneurial Challenge to help foster innovation in the next generation of vertical flight. Almost anyone can sign up for the competition and for Startup Weekend attendees, the due date can be extended to April 1st!
This is an awesome opportunity to bring your ideas to a company with over 90 years in their industry. They aren’t just looking for engineers either, they want creative individuals with ideas on how to define the future of flight, transportation, and related apps.
So why should you take a look at this?
- The competition is designed to identify and accelerate the development of emerging, revolutionary technologies in aerospace and beyond.
- The Challenge is open to any small company with revenue under $5M, including newly formed and pre-revenue entities.
- Every winning team will receive one year rent-free space utilization within the new Stamford Innovation Center, a state-of-the-art incubator located in Stamford, CT.
- While in the Stamford iCenter, teams will have access to all services and programs offered by the Center at no additional charge.
- In addition, each team will participate in a 3-month long Sikorsky education program, designed to provide both targeted technical and business strategy guidance.
- Each winning entity will be assigned a technical mentor and be given access to the full body of Sikorsky technical experts and business professionals.
- Upon completion of a maturation cycle in the incubator, each team will also benefit from an investment evaluation in which judging criteria will focus on technical and business maturity.
For more information and the full list of application guidelines, contest rules and judging guidelines, please visit the Entrepreneurial Challenge website. We encourage all those within the Entrepreneurial community to apply and wish everyone the best of luck. The Application deadline for the first Entrepreneurial Challenge is 5:00pm Eastern time on March 30th.