Startup Weekends are 54-hour events designed to provide experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. The weekend events are centered on action, innovation and education. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through testing, business model development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekends culminate in Sunday night demos to a panel of potential investors and local entrepreneurs. Participants are challenged with building functional startups during the event and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks.
Who You’ll Meet At Greater Lafayette Startup Weekend:
Startup Weekends attendees’ backgrounds are varied, but roughly-
- 50% technical (developers, coders, designers)
- 50% business (marketing, finance, law).
Why People Come to Startup Weekend:
- 29% of Startup Weekend participants attend an event to network.
- 20% attend to develop/build a product.
- 13% attend to learn how to create a new venture.
After the conference is over, roughly 80% of attendees plan on continuing to work on their startup after the weekend.
What You’ll Get Out of the Event:
- Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning by doing, whether you’re learning a new skill or a new way of thinking. Don’t just listen to theory, build your own strategy and test it as you go.
- Co-Founder Dating: The people who come to Startup Weekend are serious about learning how to build and launch startups. Create relationships that last long past the weekend.
- Have Fun: During the weekend you’ll be working alongside awesome people who share your ideas. Startup Weekend is meant to be fun and entertaining, so enjoy it.
- Solve Local Problems with your Ideas: Do you think that one of your ideas can change your town or have a positive impact in your group of people? Bring your idea notebook with you and start making a positive change in your local community.
- Build Your Network: Startup Weekend works hard to recruit high quality, driven entrepreneurs- like you!
- Learn New Skills: With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, Startup Weekends are perfect opportunities to work on a new platform, learn a new programming language or give marketing a try. With nothing to lose, there’s no reason not to step outside your comfort zone.
- Learn How to Launch a Business (and Actually Do It!): Startup Weekend is the epitome of Lean Startup Methodology.
- Mentorship: Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends and give feedback to participants. Interact with the movers and shakers in your community.
- Get Access to Valuable Startup Resources: By participating in Startup Weekend, you are given instant access to great products and tools. No one leaves a Startup Weekend empty handed! Click here to learn more about some of the offers our Global Sponsors provide during the event.
- Save Money: Startup Weekends are affordable (typically $99, we charge $50 for our event). Your ticket includes meals and snacks!
Join us September 15th – 17th at MatchBOX Coworking Studio, and #GetStartedUp!
Get your tickets HERE!