Mingly keeps you connected with the people that matter most and
filters out the noise of social networks;
Closes $500k in seed funding from Idealab and others
Startup Weekend LA company Mingly today announced the launch of it’s public beta and that it’s closed $500K in seed funding from Idealab and others.
Mingly is a web service that makes it easy to stay connected with the people who matter most, while bringing order to the chaos of social networks.
According to Tyler Koblasa, Founder and CEO of Mingly, “Our personal network and the people we connect with are our most important assets,” said Tyler Koblasa, Founder and CEO of Mingly. “Social networks have given us many ways to connect and build relationships, but we’re now bombarded with a never-ending stream of news, updates and events. We make new friends and connections easily, but often fail to develop the important relationships. Mingly is here to solve this pain.”
With Mingly users can:
- Get organized with a social address book that merges Gmail and social-network contacts
- See a brief snapshot of the people they’re emailing that shows recent updates, conversations, bio, interests, and more
- Save time by sending Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn messages right from Gmail
- Stay in touch by getting alerted to key news like birthdays and job changes
- Build relationships by setting follow-up reminders for new contacts