We like to get involved in various startup activities from time to time, and we like to invite the Startup Weekend community to take advantage of them too.
Marc and Clint from Startup Weekend will be flying out the end of Jan. for the Azure BizSpark Camp in NYC at the MS office in Manhattan. This is a FREE event with a chance to win $5k. If you are familiar with Azure or any other MS platforms or want to learn, this is a great opportunity.
Not a member of BizSpark? Apply through Startup Weekend here.
We will be putting on a happy hour with the help of the BizSpark team one of the evenings which the entire Startup Weekend community is invited to come out and partake in. Stay tuned for details. In the meantime, check out the details of the event:
“With several successful Microsoft BizSpark Incubation Weeks under our belt (Azure Atlanta, Win7 Boston, Win7 Reston, CRM Reston, CRM Boston, Win 7 Irvine, Mobility Mountain View,), we are pleased to announce Microsoft BizSpark Camp for Windows Azure in New York, NY during January 28–29, 2010. Based upon your feedback we have made several changes including offering cash prize, compressed time commitment and much more. We hope you’re tapping into the growing BizSpark community.
- Chance to win cash prize of $5000
- Nomination for BizSpark One (an invitation only program) for high potential startups
- Learn and build new applications in the cloud or use interoperable services that run on Microsoft infrastructure to extend and enhance your existing applications with help of on-site advisors
- Get entrepreneurs coaching from a panel of industry experts
- Generate marketing buzz for your brand
- Create opportunity to be highlighted at upcoming launch
- Windows Azure
- Microsoft .Net Services
- Microsoft SQL Azure
- Live Services
- Microsoft SharePoint Services
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Services
The Microsoft BizSparkCamp for Windows Azure will be held at Microsoft Technology Center, New York, NYfrom Thursday 1/28/2010 to Friday 1/29/2010. This event consists of ½ day of training, 1 day of active prototype/development time, and ½ day for packaging/finishing and reporting out to a panel of judges for various prizes.
This event is a no-fee event (plan your own travel expenses) and each team can bring 3 participants (1 business and 1 – 2 developer). It is required to have at least 1 developer as part of your team. To nominate your team, please submit the following details to Sanjay Jain (preferably via your BizSaprk Sponsor) no later than Monday January 18, 2010. Nominations will be judged according to the strength of the founding team, originality and creativity of the idea, and ability to leverage Windows Azure Scenarios.
- BizSpark Startup Organization Details: Name, Web Site URL, Mailing Address, Solution Overview, Key Windows Azure Scenarios, Target Industry, Company Size and Year Founded, How did you hear about this event?
- BizSpark Sponsor Details: BizSpark Network Partner or Microsoft Champion Name, Web Site URL
- Team Details: For each participant, Name, Brief BIO, Email, Phone, Twitter, Blog