This year we launched our inaugural Editions Month – an initiative created in response to the growing organic demand from the community to bring the magic of Startup Weekend to new industries and audiences. During the whole month of May, Organizers will be holding events all around the world in different themes, from Maker to Neuroscience!
As a part of this new initiative, we asked Community Leaders to share the story behind their May Edition event. We wanted to know things like: How will the event impact their community? What new audiences are they reaching? Why did they choose their theme?
We received stories from events in 11 different countries, highlighting industries, cities, and audiences. These stories show the pride and passion that drive our Community Leaders, and that it’s much more than organizing an event – it’s building a community.
We’re proud to share the 10 winners and the stories behind their Editions Month events! Be sure to also check out the full list of entries in the online showcase!
10. Think Outside the Kitchen – by Startup Weekend Lyon: Food
9. Loosing the Tie – by Startup Weekend Mexico City: Finance
8. You Say You Want a Revolution – by Startup Weekend Tulsa: Energy
7. Startups 4 Growing Communities – by Startup Weekend Tablelands: Rural Innovation
6. Using Startup Weekend to Build Entrepreneurial Communities in Regional Centers – by Startup Weekend Toowoomba: EDU
5. The Makers Powered Tech Industry – by Startup Weekend Paris: Maker
4. Sometimes Failing is Winning – by Startup Weekend Miami: Diversity
3. SHE Bangalore – by Startup Weekend Bangalore: Women
2. Social Innovation to Reclaim Bengaluru! – by Startup Weekend Bangalore: Social
1. The Forgotten Dream – by Startup Weekend San Francisco: Immigration
Congratulations to all the winners! Check out all entries on the showcase page: