Interested in tech, startups or entrepreneurship? Startup Weekend is looking for marketing and/or digital media interns. We’re an incredibly fast growing non-profit, teaching and facilitating entrepreneurship through weekend workshops in 30+ countries worldwide. We’ve grown 500% in the last year, were recently awarded a grant from the Kauffman Foundation for Entrepreneurship and are featured in Forbes Magazine “Names you need to know in 2011” issue.
Ideal interns would be enthusiastic about tech, international entrepreneurship, and storytelling through digital content. This is a great opportunity to work with, and receive mentorship from, a tight-knit executive team with a large network in the startup and tech communities. Assigned duties will vary, but at the end of the semester you will have delivered meaningful projects to list on your resume and you will be able to see your imprint on the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Writing blog posts, news releases and marketing materials
• Helping create and execute a long-term social media plan and content calendar.
• Relationship building with our online community of 25,000 entrepreneurs by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
• Grant writing and corporate research
• Helping with video editing, pictures etc.
Benefits and Take-aways for you:
• Learn and improve marketing, writing, social media and web design skills
• The opportunity to travel at least once during the internship
• An understanding of startup and international business cultures
• Access to a network of hundreds of experienced entrepreneurs
• A great entry for your resume (You will learn and execute real work)
• Background in marketing, communication, digital media, English, journalism, non-profit management or other related discipline.
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Excellent online research and data entry skills
• Organized, and with the ability to self manage
• Creative and Flexible
• Proficiency in wordpress, html/xhtml a bonus
• Need a laptop and a passport (you can apply for a passport after starting)
We want our interns to value this opportunity. We are eager to find someone to work with us rather than under us.
We are looking for someone for 10 – 15 hours a week starting after the holidays and continuing through the spring semester. The hours are somewhat flexible. We are located in the South Lake Union neighborhood, by the Amazon Campus, in the same building as several startup incubators.
As a non-profit we cannot offer pay but we can offer assistance in gaining college credit and will cover expenses related to your travel for Startup Weekend.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter including what about Startup Weekend interests you, and a link to your blog, vlog or writing if you have it to internships at StartupWeekend.org