Meet the Techstars Chicago Mentors
- Amanda Lannert The Jellyvision Lab
- Brad Keywell Lightbank
- Carter Cast Pritzker Group
- Charles Adler Kickstarter
- Harper Reed Paypal
- Jason Fried Basecamp
- J.B. Pritzker Pritzker Group
- Mike Evans Grubhub
- Mike Gamson LinkedIn
- Sam Yagan OkCupid
- Shradha Agarwal Outcome Health
- Suzanne Muchin Mind and Matter Studio
Techstars Chicago News & Updates
Este artículo fue traducido por Lucía Tróchez – @lulutro He pasado los últimos 25 años empezando, corriendo, dando ...Read More
In The Press
It's one thing to raise venture capital. It's another thing to make good o...Read More
Troy Henikoff has transformed startups at Techstars Chicago. So what does he think t...Read More
The summer 2016 class of Techstars Chicago was only just announced this morning, but...Read More
LogicGate Deal: $1.9 million seed round Investors: Chicago Ventures, OCA Ventures, ...Read More
Mark Achler, lecturer at Northwestern's Kellogg School of Management and managing director of MATH Venture Partners, explains.Read More
Our Focus Areas
Passionate Founding Teams
2 > 1, and founders and teams that surprise and educate each other are a must.
Early Stage Companies
You might have raised some money, but earlier startups will see the most growth of our program.
Founders that Educate Us
We want to invest in bad and non-consensus ideas, with founders that can educate us about their solutions.
Surprising Market Opportunity
The field you're playing in has the potential to be blown wide open.
A Vision that Raises Eyebrows
Your elevator pitch gets others excited with its potential and creativity.
Deep Domain Expertise
You’ve worked in the industry you’re disrupting or are personally passionate about the problem you’re solving.
Techstars Chicago Videos
How much funding do Techstars Chicago startups receive?
A $100,000 convertible note is automatically offered to all Techstars companies upon acceptance, in addition to $20,000 in exchange for 6% common stock, plus:
- Access to Techstars resources for life
- Acceleration in the Techstars Chicago program with intense, hands-on mentorship from entrepreneurs, tech executives and investors from across the Midwest
- Connections to the Techstars Network of over 5,000 founders, alumni and mentors globally
- 400 perks worth over $1,000,000
- Office space in Chicago at the 1871 coworking space for the duration of the program. 1871 is the central hotbed of startup activity in the city – VCs, developers and companies all engaging together under one roof
- Demo Day and other investor connections
- Equity Back Guarantee, the only one of its kind in the industry
Historically, Techstars companies go on to average more than $3M raised in outside capital after the program. We believe our stats speak for themselves.
What kind of companies do you fund?
We fund technology oriented companies, typically web-based or other software companies, but we’ve funded companies that don’t quite fit that mold as well. We’re also looking for companies that can have national or worldwide reach. If you are a start-up with a vision that raises eyebrows, a market that can be disrupted, and deep domain expertise, we encourage you to apply!
Do we have to come to Chicago? Who else have you funded? Can I visit?