The Techstars Foundation
Improving Diversity in Entrepreneurship
The Techstars Foundation is a non-profit created to improve diversity in technology entrepreneurship by providing opportunities for underrepresented entrepreneurs through grants, scholarships, and sponsorships.
Through the Techstars Foundation, we can now offer a way for Techstars accelerator alumni, partners, mentors, Startup Weekend and Next alumni, and other supporters to Give First by providing access and opportunity to underrepresented minorities and – together – create stronger entrepreneur communities worldwide.
Please consider donating cash or stock to the Techstars Foundation, or to name the foundation as a beneficiary. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
To learn more, please watch the video above. Thank you for your support!
Request a Grant
If your organization is broadly impacting diversity in tech entrepreneurship, please request a grant. Please note that this is not startup funding for startup founders of diverse backgrounds. These are grants for organizations which are impacting diversity in tech entrepreneurship in a positive and scalable way. These organizations can work in other areas, but should have at least one scalable program that focuses on diversity in tech entrepreneurship. The organization can be based anywhere in the world, and can be nonprofit or for profit. If your organization is for profit, we require a fiscal sponsor to be in place.
Questions? Contact Ali Berman, Interim Director.
Current Grant Recipients
- Astia: transforms the way businesses are funded by providing capital, connections and expertise that fuel the growth of women-led ventures.
- Patriot Boot Camp: an intensive 3-day educational event designed to mentor military members, Veterans and their spouses to start technology-focused businesses.
- Defy Ventures: Defy “transforms the hustle” by providing entrepreneurship training, intense character and personal development for people with criminal histories.
- Change Catalyst: an organization committed to inclusive innovation through two main initiatives, Tech Inclusion and Startup Showcases.
- Gaza Sky Geeks: a co-working hub, entrepreneurship outreach organization and startup incubator and accelerator in Gaza, run by the global organization Mercy Corps.